18.5 The Lord Is Faithful Forever

(Psalm 89:1-18)

O Lord, I will always sing of your constant love;
I will proclaim your faithfulness forever.
I know that your love will last for all time,
that your faithfulness is as permanent as the sky.
You said, “I have made a covenant with the man
I chose;
I have promised my servant David,
‘A descendant of yours will always be king;
I will preserve your dynasty forever.’”

The heavens sing of the wonderful things you do;
they sing of your faithfulness, Lord.
No one in heaven is like you, Lord;
none of the heavenly beings is your equal.
You are respected in the council of the holy ones;
they all stand in awe of you.

Lord God Almighty, none is as mighty as you;
in all things you are faithful, O Lord.
You rule over the powerful sea;
you calm its angry waves.
You crushed the monster Rahab and killed it;
with your mighty strength you defeated
your enemies.
Heaven is yours, the earth also;
you made the world and everything in it.
You created the north and the south;
Mount Tabor and Mount Hermon sing to you
for joy.
How powerful you are!
How great is your strength!
Your kingdom is founded on righteousness and
Justice;
love and faithfulness are shown in all you do.

How happy are the people who worship you
with songs;
who live in the light of you kindness!
Because of you they rejoice all day long,
and they praise you for your goodness.
You give us great victories;
in your love you make us triumphant.
You, O Lord, chose our protector;
you, the Holy God of Israel, gave us our king.

Comments