34.4 The Lord Is My Hope

(Psalm 71:1-8, 18b, 22-23)

Lord, I have come to you for protection;
never let me be defeated!
Because you are righteous, help me and rescue me.
Listen to me and save me!
Be my secure shelter and a strong fortress to protect me;
you are my refuge and defense.

My God, rescue me from wicked men,
from the power of cruel and evil men.
Sovereign Lord, I put my hope in you;
I have trusted in you since I was young.
I have relied on you all my life;
you have protected me since the day I was born.
I will always praise you.

My life has been an example to many,
because you have been my stronger defender.
All day long I praise you and proclaim your glory.

Be with me while I proclaim your power and might
to all generations to come.

I will indeed praise you with the harp;
I will praise your faithfulness, my God.
On my harp I will play hymns to you,
the Holy One of Israel.
I will shout for joy as I play for you;
with my whole being I will sing
because you have saved me.

Comments