65.5 The Law Of God

(Psalm 119:9-16, 57-64)

How can a young man keep his life pure?
By obeying your commands.
With all my heart I try to serve you;
keep me from disobeying your commandments.
I keep your law in my heart,
so that I will not sin against you.
I praise you , O Lord; teach me your ways.
I will repeat aloud  all the laws you have given.
I delight in following your commands
more than in having great wealth.
I study your instructions; I examine your teachings.
I take pleasure in your laws;
your commands I will not forget.

You are all I want, O Lord;
I promise to obey your laws.
I ask you with all my heart
to have mercy on me,as you have promised!
I have considered my conduct,
and I promise to follow your instructions.
Without delay I hurry to obey your commands.
The wicked have laid a trap for me,
but I do not forget your law.
In the middle of the night I wake up
to praise you for your righteous judgments.
I am a friend of all who serve you,
of all who obey your laws.
Lord the earth is full of your constant love;
teach me your commandments.


Comments