86.4 Thanksgiving For Help And Victory

(Psalm 18:1-6, 16-27; 30-33, 46)

How I love you, Lord! You are my defender.
The Lord is my protector; he is my strong fortress.
My God is my protection, and with him I am safe.
He protects me like a shield;
he defends me and keeps me safe.
I call to the Lord, and he saves me from my enemies.
Praise the Lord!

The danger of death was all around me;
the waves of destruction rolled over me.
The danger of death was around me,
and the grave sets its trap for me.
In my trouble I called to the Lord;
I called to my God for help.
In his temple he heard my voice;
he listened to my cry for help.

The Lord reached down from above and took hold of me;
he pulled me out of the deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemies
and from all those who hate me-
they were too strong for me.
When I was in trouble, they attacked me,
but the Lord protected me.
He helped me out of danger; he saved me
because he was pleased with me.

The Lord rewards me because I do what is right;
he blesses me because I am innocent.
I have obeyed the law of the Lord;
I have not turned away from my God.
I have observed all his laws;
I have not disobeyed his commands.
He knows that I am faultless, that I have
kept myself from doing wrong.
And so he rewards me because I do what is right,
because he knows that I am innocent.

O Lord, you are faithful to those who are faithful to you;
completely good to those who are perfect.
You are pure to those who are pure,
but hostile to those who are wicked.
You save those who are humble, but you humble those who are proud.

This God-how perfect are his deeds!
How dependable his words!
He is like a shield for all who seek his protection.
The Lord alone is God; God alone is our defense.
He is the God who make me strong,
who makes my pathway safe.
He makes me sure-footed as a deer;
he keeps me safe on the mountains.

The Lord lives! Praise my defender!
Proclaim the greatness of the God who saves me.

Comments